Sunday, March 25, 2012

Letting myself breathe and get some things out

I have suffered from anxiety since about the age of 18.  It has taken most of my life away from me, the life I wished I had.  You lose your independence and your enjoyment of life.  I had been on many different meds to try and tackle this but it took more than medication to get over this.  I met my now ex husband when I was 19 and he learned everyday how it effected me.  I couldn't drive and I was afraid of everything.  You don't know what its like not being able to enjoy the things you want to do, everything is scary, you are even afraid of yourself sometimes.  I used to be in and out of the ER because my anxiety would give me chest pains, I would literally think I was having a heart attack.  Sensations through my body would give me scary thoughts like "Am I dying?"  I hope that there is a cure for this, among all the other things that affect our lives of course.  This condition takes away your enjoyment for life, your emotional relationships with others, your overall happiness.  I pray for the day that it leaves me and never returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment