Monday, March 19, 2012

Its been awhile

Since I did a Mama Kat Writers workshop and one of the prompts jumped out at me because it really goes with how it helped me relax more...



Mama’s Losin’ It

What was the occasion? Write about the last time you stayed in a hotel.
 


I was having such a crappy week, I had just pretty much started a new job and had been impatiently waiting for my tax refund.  I was hoping to go out and have fun with my friends so I checked my account to see if I had at least a 20 to my name.  I logged on to my account and I about jumped out of my seat..
It finally arrived!

 So the one thing I did was text my friend and I said "you and I are staying at the Hilton!"  He calls me and was like "What?"  I said "I just got my taxes and I want to stay at a hotel for the night, get room service and relax!"  I went on the website to see the accommodations and such and I was psyched when I saw that everything I needed for pure relaxation was there.  I booked it online, went to pick him up and checked in.  When we got in I had to play with the soft/firm knob on the side of the bed, I put it all the way on soft and just laid there, it was sooo nice!  

The next morning was a wonderful breakfast of eggs, bacon, waffles, muffins, ect and we indulged.  It was the best time.  I would highly recommend staying at one of these hotels if you need some time "away" so to speak.  We were sad to leave that amazing soft bed but it was nice while it lasted!

It wasn't any occasion it was just something I needed to get away and relax for the night.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had one helluva of "staycation" :) I'm not a huge fan of staying in hotels (never have been, but it's worse with kids) but this sounds like a nice time. Thanks for commenting on my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was just what the doctor ordered! Glad you enjoyed it.

    Stopping by from Mama Kat's. I chose the same prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice night away! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete